The Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC) has reminded community pharmacies (its members) to update their NHS Profile Manager information.
Ahead of the NHS contract quarter deadline- 30th June 2023, the committee has urged its members to ensure that their pharmacy’s NHS website and Directory of Services (DoS) profile information is kept up-to-date.
The Pharmacy Terms of Service requires pharmacy owners to verify profile information at least once per quarter, however the new NHS Profile Manager has been introduced to make the process as quick as possible and it can be done on either a smartphone or computer.
PSNC said: “We continue to work with NHS England and the NHS Profile Manager team to make the process as easy as possible and to improve the management tool. Our feedback has led NHS England to automatically set pharmacy opening hours to ‘closed’ for many bank holidays (however these can be reset to ‘open’ if required).”
Top tips by PSNC for updating pharmacy’s profile:
- Verify early: set a diary reminder for the start of each quarter* to perform the verification
- Update your profile as soon as there is a change
- Register several staff to access NHS Profile Manager for business continuity purposes. A personal NHSmail account is required to register staff members. Pharmacies are entitled to up to 10 personal NHSmail accounts.
Newer features within NHS Profile Manager mean you can now:
- Update your facilities, eg confirmation of facilities such as car parking
- Confirm whether you provide the NHS blood pressure check service and Pharmacy Contraception Service – within the service module