New Orleans Saints quarterback Jameis Winston, listed as questionable with back and ankle injuries, is expected to play against the Carolina Panthers, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
Running back Alvin Kamara, who missed last week’s loss, is also expected to play. However, quarterback Taysom Hill (rib) is not scheduled to be out there, Rapoport reports.
In two games this season, Winston has thrown three touchdown passes… and three interceptions.
New Orleans (1-1) travels to Charlotte to face Carolina (0-2) at 1 p.m. ET.
Other injuries we’re watching ahead of Sunday’s Week 3 games:
- Los Angeles Chargers Quarterback Justin Herbert, listed as questionable, is a true game-time decision based on how he feels, sources tell Rapoport. With broken cartilage in his ribs, Herbert has looked questionable since Friday as Chase Daniel took all the reps. But he’s pushing hard to go Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Arizona Cardinals James Conner, listed as questionable with an ankle injury, will practice before the game but is optimistic he will play today, according to Rapoport.
- Chicago Bears All-Pro linebacker Roquan Smith, who missed practice this week with a hip injury and is listed as questionable, is expected to play against the Texans, according to Rapoport.
- Along with the expected return of JK Dobbins, the Baltimore Ravens is slated to have star corners Marlon Humphrey (groin) and Marcus Peters (knee) against the Patriots, Rapoport reports.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Wide receivers Russell Gage (hamstring) and Breshad Perriman (knee) and running back Leonard Fournette (hamstring) are listed as questionable and are all expected to play today against the Green Bay Packers, according to Rapoport. There is less optimism for receiver Julio Jones (knee), who will test his injury before the game to see if he can go.
- The expectation is that Denver Broncos Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy (rib) and cornerback Patrick Surtain II (shoulder) should be fine to face the San Francisco 49ers, according to NFL Network’s James Palmer. They did a good job during the week.
- Detroit Lions running back D’Andre Swift (ankle), TJ Hockenson (hip), center Frank Ragnow (foot) and defensive end Aidan Hutchinson (thigh) — all listed as questionable — are expected to play against Minnesota, NFL sources say. Tom Pelissero from the network. Expect a bigger role for Swift, who had seven catches last week for 87 yards and a TD.
- Minnesota Vikings Linebacker Eric Kendricks, listed as questionable with a sprained toe, will play Sunday against the Lions, according to Pelissero. First-round picks Lewis Cine and Josh Metellus will split the snaps in place of safety Harrison Smith, who is out with a concussion.