It takes a veritable army to make TechCrunch Disrupt – which takes place October 18–20 in San Francisco – the very good experience that smart startups have come to know and love. And we couldn’t do it nearly as well without our incredible volunteers.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly way to experience Disrupt first-hand, sign up for volunteer work for job exchange. Not only will you get a behind-the-scenes look at how events are produced, but you’ll also win a free pass ($1995 value) to experience the event. The application deadline is tomorrow, October 3rd at 11:59pm PT.
You’ll work hard, play hard, and get free access to all three days of Disrupt. Whether you dream of becoming a startup founder, marketer, or event coordinator, this is a great way to see what it takes to create a world-class tech startup conference.
Plus, your free pass gives you access to the full Disrupt experience — the main stage, the TechCrunch+ stage, the show floor — where you’ll find the Startup Battlefield 200 — and the Startup Battlefield competition.
Volunteers handle a variety of tasks to make this startup conference an epic experience for everyone. At any time, you can help with registration, speakers, direct attendees, goodie bags, sign placement, ticket scanning, or help with pre-marketing activities.
We need volunteers on October 17-20. If you can meet the following criteria, we’d like to hear from you:
- Attend a mandatory orientation on Monday, October 17th at the Moscone Center.
- Work at least 10 hours throughout the conference, from October 17th (the day before the conference starts) to October 20th. You will find volunteer shift availability in the application. We may select you for some pre-event opportunities that would count toward your hours.
- You may be scheduled for an 8 to 9 hour shift, or you may be scheduled with two separate shifts of 4 to 5 hours each. Shifts can start as early as 6:30am. PT or finish by 8:30 p.m.
- You must provide your own accommodation and transport.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we will only notify selected applicants.
Read our volunteer FAQ for more information.
Give us a helping hand and we’ll give you a free pass. Save money, gain valuable experience, and still have plenty of time to take advantage of all that TechCrunch Disrupt has to offer. Apply to volunteer by October 3rd to receive your free pass and we’ll see you in October!